Few things are better than finding a box of chocolate on my doorstep after a long week of traveling for work. Last week I received a box of Sweeteeth chocolates for review.
Sweeteeth was started in 2008 by Eric “Johnny” Battles. He is a self-taught chocolatier who started making chocolates while working at a pizza restaurant in North Charleston. After his truffles became a hit on the dessert menu other shops started carrying his chocolates. In 2010 Sweeteeth became an LLC with big plans ahead…
I received all of their chocolate bars to try, along with a box of truffles and a sneak peek at a new chocolate bar that’s still in the development phases.
Sweeteeth currently offers four unique varieties of chocolate bars:
– The Sea is for Caramel bar is a dark chocolate and creamy caramel bar that is sprinkled with sea salt.
– The Peanut Butter and Chipotle bar is filled with a spicy peanut butter. It’s definitely got some kick to it!
– The Cinnapsis bar is a milk chocolate that has dried apple and candied pecans on it.
– A’Chocolypse is a darker chocolate with candied ginger and milk chocolate-covered popping sugar (like Pop Rocks)
As far as favorites go, I’m torn between the Sea is for Caramel bar and A’Chocolypse. I’m a huge fan of caramel and the caramel in this bar was smooth and delicious with a rich flavor. I do wish that the bits on A’Chocolypse were a little smaller because it would be easier to eat but the candied ginger is great with the dark chocolate. It would be even better if the popping sugar was incorporated into a coating on the candied ginger – it would be so unexpected!
Delicious as the chocolate bars were, I thought the truffles were even better! First of all, they’re gorgeous – beautiful shapes or decorated with bits of color. Secondly, they were really tasty! Again, the caramel with the fleur de sel (sea salt) was probably my favorite!
Sweeteeth has graciously offered one lucky reader an assortment of chocolates to try!
How to Enter
Go to Sweeteeth and tell me which chocolate or chocolate bar you’d most like to try!
Do any of the following and post another comment telling me you’ve done it.
- Leave a relevant comment on any other blog post! I love comments!
- Promote this giveaway in some form (suggestions: Twitter, a Mr. Linky, your blog, etc.)
- Become a fan of A Self-Confessed Foodie on Facebook!
- Sign up for the A Self-Confessed Foodie email or RSS feed! (you must activate your subscription!)
- Follow me on Twitter!
- Follow me publicly via Google Friend Connect
Contest closes Sunday November 1, 2010 at 7:00pm CST and is limited to those 18 and over in the United States!
And now for the fine print:
Open only to those 18 and over residing in the United States. Contest closes November 1, 2010 at 7:00pm CST. I will randomly select winner(s) shortly after and notify those people by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to contact me with their mailing address. If a winner does not contact me within 48 hours of notification I will choose an alternate winner.
The product reviewed was provided to me free of charge. I am in no way being compensated for my review. I am allowed to keep the product. This review is entirely my own opinion and has not been influenced in any way. The prize is being offered courtesy of the sponsor and is the sole responsibility of the sponsor, not this blog. Links may be affiliate links.